This year Women’s Aid are very happy to be collaborating with Chapters Bookstore on Parnell Street-Ireland’s largest independent bookstore- to bring you 16 Books for 16 Days, a series of recommendations for great reads that deal with the issue of violence against women.
Stop in to Chapters to grab one for yourself, give one as a gift, or choose one for your book club. The list of recommendations is below, and we will be highlighting one book during each of the 16 Days on the blog. Enjoy!
- The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest by Stieg Larsson
- Tragedy in Tin Can Holler by Rozetta Mowrey
- This Charming Man by Marion Keyes
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hossaeini
- Lola Rose by Jacqueline Wilson
- Domestic Violence (Poetry) by Eavan Boland
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
- The Speckled People-A Memoir of a Half-Irish Childhood by Hugo Hamilton (2004)
- Beyond the tears: A Survivors Story by Lynn Tolson
- Lucky by Alice Seobold
- The Woman who walked into Doors by Roddy Doyle
- We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
* please circulate this flyer to fellow bookworms.